Somewhere

 For this project I decided to put myself somewhere I have never been. I chose to place myself next to Sommer Ray. I decided to place myself in this image because Sommer Rae is my favorite instagram model. I ended up using a photo from her new work out line.

I wanted to use this specific photo for my art because it had a space where I could place myself without distorting the rest of the image. The colors in the image also pop out and grab the audiences attention. My original photo of myself was this.

This is where I encountered my first problem. The lighting in my photo was completely different than the photo I was editing myself into. I created a new adjustment layer and played around with the contrast and lighting until I made it look the same.


This is my final Image. I decided to match the setting by dressing in a gym outfit. I had to increase the art-board size a few inches taller in order to fit my self into the image. I used the cloning tool to fill in the rest of the background. I want my audience to perceive this work in a way that makes them feel anything is possible if you try hard enough.

Comments

  1. The lighting doest feel that far off from the lighting on Sommer, with the reflections on both of your foreheads matching pretty well. The tone of the color of the lighting feels slightly off, bit i can see that you worked on that between your original photo and your final piece. Some of the cropping around your hair is a little off but thats minor and probably wouldn't be noticed unless specifically looked for. the two images don't feel so different that it's instantly identifiable that it's a photoshop project. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Extra Credit Pumpkin