Autoscopy

     For my Autoscopy I chose to use this photo of my self. I knew I wanted to create an autoscopy with an outer space vibe, so I chose a photo of me at night. This photo is relatively old and is from my first college I attended. 


    The project took me around 3 hours to make. I struggled mostly with the adjustment layers. It took me a while to figure out how to select which layer I wanted to adjust by its self. The first photo I added to my art was a planet. 

    I chose this photo because I really liked the colors of the planet, and I thought it would match nicely with the skyline. I used some other images as well to create my final autoscopy. My personal favorite was the bear. The bear is symbolic for being brave. I edited the color of the bear to blue, so it would fit better in my autoscopy.

    I added a tattoo to my arm as well. I have always wanted a tattoo on my arm, but my mother would kill me if that ever happened. The rose is symbolic as well. It stands for love. I believe that I am a very loving and kind person so that is why I put this image in my autoscopy.

    Lastly, I added a meteorite to the autoscopy. I did this because it fit the overall theme of out of this world. I refined the image to make it look a lot better. The image also adds a sort of movement to my art, which makes it more interesting.


    Here is the final artwork. I want my audience to feel as if they are in another world when looking at my art. I would also like the audience to perceive it as peaceful and calming.








Comments

  1. James, I think this came out great! I think that the way you made it almost portraying a very accurate fact about people these days. With so much going on around you the bear and meteorite especially, you are just simply sitting there engulfed in your phone. Society today is so invested in technology and social media so I think it's funny that this is so perfectly represented. Your skills of adding the images and making them look as though they belong were good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This autoscopy is super cool. Makes for an intense scene while you look very calm and not caring. The tattoo was a cool addition. All the filters and added pictures were super creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Extra Credit Pumpkin