Artist Statement for Canvas Project

    My work is about what I love to do in my free time, which is motocross. It features a motocross helmet, a sun, and a ramp. I used My friends helmet as inspiration for my work. He even taught me how to ride a motorcycle. I used to go every day after school, so the piece genuinely means a lot to me. I did run into a few complications. I could not get my ramp to become a solid fill, and I also had to recreate my entire piece because my original sketch proved too challenging.


Original design










    The many lines that created the image of the head were very hard to draw, especially because I am not very skilled at art. No worries though! I created an entirely new piece, which took me around 15 hours. HTML was very hard to grasp at first, but with enough practice it became less challenging. I also managed to fill in the ramp.


The Final Product

    My overall Vision was very simple. It was to recreate what I loved doing the most when I was a young kid. I feel as if I expressed my self very well in the art. When I look at the image, it takes me back to much simpler and stress-free times. I hope my audience can get the same effect as I do when I gaze at my work. I really tried and use vibrant colors to really express my feelings with this piece. I want it to be a happy one, which may give others a mental break from whatever stresses they have going on in their life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Autoscopy

PS H2 Inspirational Photos