Propaganda Poster and Self Portrait

    For my propaganda poster I decided to go with a minimalist approach. The project took me 3 and a half hours to create. I decided to do my poster on voting specifically on how everyone’s vote matters. In the last election almost half of Americans did not vote. This has become a very serious issue especially with an election coming up very soon. My original self-portrait looks very similar. The hardest part of the portrait was re-creating the lettering on my hat. I wanted the font to be realistic when compared to the hat. I purposely left the background blank so nothing could distract the audience from my face. Keeping the 5 color limit was also a challenge for the final poster. After critique from the teacher, I ended up removing the lettering from my hat in order to not drown out the words on the poster.

    The original Photo I used looked very similar to my self-portrait. I created this work because I wanted to express myself in an artistic way and show the audience that art does not need to be complex in order to be perceived positively.



Comments

  1. I think your poster is so good! Such an important message at what was such a critical time and the background and color scheme tied together with the message so well while not taking too much attention away from your portrait. You can tell you put detail and effort into it, such as the lines on your face and the shadow behind you. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Autoscopy

PS H2 Inspirational Photos